In honour of Lesley Brennan and recognition of her abiding interest, contribution and commitment to spinal rehabilitation nursing as a specialty, the ARNA National Committee has established the Lesley Brennan Spinal Rehabilitation Nursing Research Grant.
The purpose of the Lesley Brennan Research Grant, is to provide financial assistance to members of ARNA for the purposes of conducting research in the area of spinal rehabilitation nursing.
The grant may be used for:
- salary replacement to allow the ARNA member to complete the research project or specific research activities;
- employment of a research assistant (e.g. to collect and collate data);
- payment for services from another department/organization e.g. health information services and transcription services;
- contracting a statistician or other relevant expert;
- administrative costs (e.g. photocopying, printing, postage, ethics application fees);
- telecommunications costs including phone and videoconferencing;
- travel and accommodation costs for the purpose of data collection; or
- computer software
The funding support of a Lesley Brennan Spinal Rehabilitation Nursing Research Grant must be acknowledged in all publications, presentations etc. resulting from research funded by this Grant.